Sunday, February 28, 2010

Painting


We're having the apartment painted this week and I can't even tell you how much thought was put into these 4 colors, so I hope it works out! We're taking a risk and painting our hallway black. Hm. Hope that works out too! I'm going for a Ryan Korban thing. All black and white and faded Persian rugs and lots of art in gilded frames thrown in.

We bought this chair for $45 (!!!) at a New Jersey antique store and had it reupholstered in a black and white awning stripe. We didn't even have to change the wood frame, it's kind of a distressed ivory. Now the hunt for a sofa begins...

10 comments:

laura @ so alaurable said...

Wow, what a find on the chair! Love the fabric choice!

Kelly Green said...

I bet that chair looks awesome - good luck with the painting! KG

Emily said...

I love that chair, great piece!! I can't wait to see the sofa!!

laura kay said...

Wow! Love the look. Now you just got to hang up some of your works in simple black frames and viola it'll look gorgeous.
Lot's of luck!

Unknown said...

i love when you update your blog! pretty chair and pretty painting.

CDS said...

that is a great chair! love it!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a great find!

style chronicle said...

I just came across your blog and love it! Your work is fantastic. I hope the paint turned better than you hoped for. Great striped fabrics are hard to find. Do you mind sharing your source??

Caitlin McGauley said...

Hi Style Chronicle! I got it at Rosen and Chadick- a mostly apparel fabric store here in NYC. The paint turned out AWESOME, and yes even better than I hoped for!

From Me To You said...

I just discovered your blog! Your work is so charming, I'm inspired to rethink the everyday.